Friday, April 6, 2007

Could It Be?

My chances of getting a new job yesterday seemed like they were pretty slim and that I was doomed to be a custodian for the remainder of my school-work experience. Then....I get a phone call this morning from the woman I interviewed with saying that they are looking for someone to work two 8-hour shifts, one on Tuesday and the other on Thursday. While it is only 16 hours a week, and I will have to completely change my school plans for the spring term I will not hesitate to do so in order to get this job. I will still have to find other hours elsewhere on campus, probably still as a custodian, but at least I have a potential foot in the door for the fall semester. Nothing is confirmed yet, but I am supposed to get a phone call about it in the next few hours or so. All I want is a new job, really, seriously, that would make a world of difference in my life right now.

The Colorado Avalanche are doing everything humanly possible to make it into the playoffs right now and they finally got their first piece of good luck last night when they beat the Canucks and then after the game the Flames lost to the Sharks. That puts them 3 points out of the playoffs with two games to go. It will be a great finish to the season, whether or not they actually pull it off, but I'm desperately hoping that they do in the end.

The semester is closing faster than I expected it to. Maybe I have just not been paying attention, or maybe it is the low homework load for the classes I am currently taking, but it seems like the semester never really got started for me this time. I am sure it will be different come fall semester as I begin the heavy workload of my actual major and minor classes, but still, it feels a little funny to have 7 days of class left at the moment. I have lots of things to do this weekend to stay focused for the last week of class, including an english project that I almost forgot we had to do, but it is okay, I have 9 days to complete it and it should only take 4 or 5 at the most.

No comments: