Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Free-Time Update

My first class of the day was cancelled when I arrived and so I have oogles of free-time this morning because after I looked at my homework schedule I have none to do until I get home. The only thing that needs done is my one-page reflection paper for English 195 and I don't have that notebook with me on campus today. So....I have lots of free time. I contemplated going back to the apartment because I could have been there in 20 minutes and had almost 3 whole hours to do things, but then decided to just stay here, balance the checkbook, write on my blog, play some Conquer Club, send a few emails and in general bask in my improving health and wellness.

Speaking of Conquer Club (the online RISK gaming club I recently joined) I just won my very first game of RISK in my entire lifetime EVER! Ah, it sure feels good to bask in this kind of glory as I pounded a hapless soul from England into oblivion. Well, anyways, at the very least it was cool to win, now if I could just do it in a regular game that wasn't on the computer. Baby steps I say. I have organized a 6-man, do-or-die, battle to the death, RISK extravaganza for right after the upcoming priesthood session of conference next weekend. All the participants are eagerly awaiting the chance to wage war upon each others poor souls. It should be fun.

The Colorado Avalanche are doing well at the moment, they are 6 points out of the playoffs with 10 games remaining and while I know that this means absolutely nothing to almost every one of you reading this blog, it means A LOT to me, so....deal with it. If they don't make the playoffs they have at the very least fixed a couple of problems heading into next season as far as goaltending and other position players. Next season is going to be VERY good, I can feel it!

The floor hockey season ended in a magnificent fashion; if losing two INCREDIBLY close games in the tournament can be called magnificent. I'm not sure we could have played any better in either game, especially coming back from a 6-3 deficit to tie the game at 7 in the final two minutes. As for me, I don't think I could have played any better goaltending for a novice if my life had depended on it during that elimination game. One of the players on the team said he took a rough count during the game and that I stopped around 45 shots. Heck, three Canadian players from the other team that beat us 8-7 at the very end of overtime said they couldn't believe some of the shots I stopped. Needless to say, that is HIGH praise to get from Canadian hockey players, so I'm still riding that high a little bit and will for the rest of the summer probably. I've already been starting the recruiting for next season because I can't wait to play goalie again. I'm even thinking about finding out if it is possible to reserve one of the RB gyms for some floor hockey and use the pads with just a bunch of friends one of these days. We'll see.

I just looked at the upcoming events for Spring-Summer and there is a two day Dodgeball tournament that I am now determined to enter. Talk about memories. Dodgeball, why not? I say me and some guys from the ward could totally rock that!

No comments: