Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Homeostasis Is Wack

I think that there are very few people that I know who have ever given their 'homeostasis' any thought. Today I was finishing the reading and reviewing for my HEPE 129 final that I will be taking later this afternoon and I learned all about it. Apparently my level of homeostasis has to do with the balance in my life. It includes the balance of sleep, important activities, stress, recreation and free-time. Well, my homeostasis is completely wacked if you ask me. However, I think that I will soon be able to find a way to get it back into a normal state now that all of my finals will be finished before I go to bed this evening and the spring term is starting which is much less hectic around this town than fall or winter.

Holly has learned how to play RISK in the last couple of days and we have played three different games on three different boards that I currenty own. Yes, I do own three different versions of RISK and yes, I do play all of them. My favorite is the 2210 version because the playing pieces are far more visually stimulating than the other ones. Out of the three games Holly is 2-1, so she is doing quite well. She also created a Conquer Club account so that once she has finished 5 games online she can play in team games with me. It has created a healthy air of fun competition for me, I don't know if it does anything for her though.

I am thoroughly enjoying my new job in the English Composition Office. It is much less stressful than the custodial jobs I will still have to have for the remainder of the summer. There are lots of little things to keep track of around the office, but none of them are especially complicated. For the most part it is just a matter of the sheer number of things. I am still wrapping my head around the idea that the photocopier/fax machine will actually staple things for you as it prints them out. I think that is pretty darn cool.

No comments: