Friday, April 27, 2007

I'll Fix Your Feng Shui

Yesterday, Holly and I decided that it was about time that our little apartment had a bit of a face-lift to give it some new life. We were getting kind of tired with the way that the furniture was arranged and things, so we spent the time when we were not at work moving all sorts of things around. I love to rearrange my furniture on a regular basis because otherwise I start to feel like everything is beginning to go stagnant.

Now that we are finished we just have to save up some money to get the two chairs that we want to complete the living room the way that we want it. We have been struggling since we moved in to have enough seating for everyone when they come over for things like American Idol or to watch movies. Most of the time everyone winds up sitting on the floor which is not the most comfortable of places to sit seeing as how it feels like sitting on concrete with a thin layer of paper over the top. There is a lot more space in the living room with how the furniture is now put and we spent a LONG time yesterday sorting through old boxes and files and corners to find things we could either give away to DI, or that could just be thrown away. I think in the end we filled up four or five trash bags worth of trash and two more worth of things to go to DI.

The best thing about the entire project was that we had some fun while doing it and got a lot more done that we thought we would. It also eases my mind to know that a large portion of the things that were bothering me because they didn't get sorted through when we moved in are now taken care of. I would also be remiss if I didn't mention that I am a much bigger fan of my office now than I was before this project was undertaken. Now things are in the right places and the stuffed animals and Elvis memorabilia are all together instead of in four different buckets scattered throughout the closets.

No comments: