Friday, February 2, 2007

I Love Hockey

Sometimes it really does boggle my mind that there are not more people in this world that enjoy the game of hockey. It's just plain fun. I got the chance last night to play floor hockey with an intramural team from my ward and I had the time of my life. For the first two periods I played out on the floor and despite being severely out of shape I think that I held my own for the most part. I didn't do anything spectacular, but I made one or two decent plays. For the third period I played in goal and felt bad for letting two sneak in on me. One of them nobody would have had a chance at stopping and the second one took a bad bounce and I lost track of where it was in the crowd. I stopped a whole bunch of others though, so once again a decent performance. I wonder if they will let me play goalie the whole time next time since I managed to push my body to the brink by puking halfway through the game. That was all sorts of entertaining if you ask me. I really did enjoy playing goalie though, it's my favorite position to watch.

Of course, last night it had to start snowing again so I woke up to several inches covering my car. I really, really wish it would stop. Now it is just getting old.

No comments: