Friday, February 23, 2007

Frosting On My Car

This morning, despite many warnings by the weatherman, I was not happy to wake up to find snow covering the ground and falling from the sky. I am just one of those people who thinks that once the weather decides to warm up it should not regress down into bitter cold again. It simply isn't fair if you ask me. On a funnier side of my world being blanketed in the evilest white I've ever seen is that when I went out to clean off the car I found the snow to be so heavy and moist that I felt as though I were scraping off the excess frosting from a cake. It was an awkward feeling I promise.

I've almost completed all of the homework previously left behind in a fit of wanton abandon which is improving my mood. Of course, Holly has ways of improving my mood so she fixed my very, very, very bad day I was having yesterday by allowing me to skip a class and spend time with her instead.

There was a massive brawl during the Ottawa-Buffalo game last night over a late hit on the Sabres team captain Chris Drury (formerly of intensely popular Avalanche fame). It started a full on melee after the next face-off which was capped by Ray Emery and Martin Biron duking it out at center ice. Something about the level of loyalty between players in hockey is what makes me like this game so much. If someone messes with your goalie there is no hesitation, you make sure and let them know you are there. The same thing goes when someone puts a headhunter out on your star player during the game which is what happened last night. No mercy folks, hockey is for the big boys who aren't scared to get into a scrap.

No comments: