Thursday, May 24, 2007

Life Continues...

It has been a couple of weeks since my last post and I figured it was about time to update on how life is treating me at the moment.

The new job at the English Composition Office is treating me very well. I enjoy the days that I get to spend there and cannot wait until the end of June when I get to switch to three days a week and only have to work a day or two at custodial. Even better will be the fall semester when I don't have to work custodial at all. Speaking of my custodial job, the supervisor that I enjoyed working with finally finished her cross-training over at Deseret Towers and is now back with us at Helaman Halls. If anything, that simply makes those custodial days a little bit more bearable.

I have undertaken a new hobby ever since my birthday. I decided to try and write a blog that had something a little more substantial than simply a journal-like feel. Grandma Chatfield gave me a few bucks for my birthday and I used it to by the "Blogging for Dummies" book that I have been wanting. After several days of reading The Flannyman's World was born. It isn't anything too spectacular, and it won't really begin to take off until I get back to school in the fall, but it does look pretty nice and I have been making a list of subject material so that I can try and make it a Monday-Friday posting endeavor. If you are interested, just check out the link above.

Not going to school is really making life a lot simpler for me over the last couple of weeks, and it was probably one of the better decisions I have made in a long time. Holly and I have enjoyed the evenings without any homework and with getting home at the same time each day. Yesterday we even had corn on the cob for dinner.

My birthday recently passed by and it was great. The actual day of my birthday was on a Monday, so the preceding weekend Holly surprised me with an overnight trip to Heber City (yes, I know, none of you will understand that, but I do) and we saw Spiderman 3, had Pier 49 pizza and spent the night in the Holiday Inn Express that has a jacuzzi outside the bathroom and in the bedroom. It was a lot of fun. Then, on my actual birthday we went up to Salt Lake City and saw an IMAX movie about dinosaurs and had lunch at Buca di Beppo's. All in all, a great birthday extravaganza.

No comments: