Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Goal Accomplished

Well, one of my main goals for the past couple of weeks has been to score an actual goal for the ward floor hockey team. I accomplished that last night (albeit against a team of girls). I was looking forward to playing a team that might challenge us a little bit, but still give me the chance to make some saves if for nothing more than practice sake. However, what wound up happening is that the girls knew what they were doing and were very organized but our team just out muscled them for the most part. I played goalie for the first two periods and faced a grand total of zero shots, so in the third period I wanted to go and get in on the action seeing as how the team had never scored a goal before.

Next week the tournament starts and I'll be back to playing goalie for the whole game which is something I thoroughly enjoy and I really hope now that we have figured out how to score we can put some points on the board and actually contend with a win or two. That would be a lot of fun for me because I really do like playing.

Tonight Holly and I have our first official non-family member get-together/dinner with another couple from the ward. We are going to have some delicious dinner followed by a movie at the dollar theater.

No comments: