Friday, January 26, 2007

Playing the Discombobulated Game

I like it when my life is caught up and in focus which is the state it remains in 9 days out of 10, but when I get to that day (like today) where I feel like I have hundreds of little five-minute projects that need to be finished before going to bed and that I have very little time to do them in it begins to feel like I am trapped in some kind of a challenge or game. Granted, the challenge is called life, but sometimes I still don't think it is very fair, or at the very least it is sometimes quite inconvienient.

To be completely honest, I don't really have very many things to do today, but I think that deep down inside maybe I wish I had tons of things to do today. I was telling Holly a couple days ago that I am starting to get bored on some afternoons when I'm finished with my homework and she is at work. Although, that should change in a week or so once mid-terms get up and running and I switch to my new afternoon job. Maybe I will make some flashcards for my German 101 class or something this afternoon. I guess that would give me something to do.

I've been keeping track of the number of pages that I've read for 2007 alone and the total has reached 1,124 and I'm not even finished with the first month. Next on the agenda is Catch-22 which I think counts towards my goal of reading 3 classic novels this year.

No comments: